Advantages Of Dental Implants
▪ Dental implants are stronger and more durable than their restorative counterparts (bridges and dentures).
▪ Implants offer a permanent solution to tooth loss.
▪ Implants may be used in conjunction with other restorative procedures for maximum effectiveness. For example, a single implant can serve to support a crown replacing a single missing tooth. Implants can also be used to support a dental bridge for the replacement of multiple missing teeth, and can be used with dentures to increase stability and reduce gum tissue irritation.
▪ Procedural advancements, including the development of narrower “mini” implants, mean that more people than ever before are finding themselves candidates for implantation. However, candidacy for implantation still varies, meaning that your dentist may determine that you should opt for an alternative restoration.
Every way you look at it, dental implants are a better solution to the problem of missing teeth.
▪ Esthetic: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth! Since dental implants integrate into the structure of your bone, they prevent bone loss and gum recession that often accompany bridgework and dentures. No one will ever know that you have an artificial tooth.
▪ Tooth-saving: Dental implants don’t sacrifice the structure of your adjacent teeth as a bridgework because neighboring teeth are not altered to support the implant. More of your own teeth are left untouched, a significant long-term benefit to your oral health!
▪ Confidence: Dental implants will allow you to once again speak and eat with comfort and confidence! They’ll allow you to say goodbye to worries about displaced dentures and messy denture adhesives.
▪ Reliable: The success rate of dental implants is highly predictable. They are considered an excellent option for tooth replacement.